This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

corner of screen displays all windows on mouse move.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
WinterMadness
Registered Member
OS
Hi, whenever I move my mouse to the top right corner all my windows are displayed in a row, and its quite annoying... How do I turn this off?

Last edited by WinterMadness on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans
Administrator
OS
System Settings -> Desktop -> Screen Edges -> Click on the top-right button in the picture of a monitor -> No Action. Apply.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Madman
Registered Member
OS
First person I've seen that got annoyed at that... I use it all the time :S

Madman, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
WinterMadness
Registered Member
OS
unfortunately it still does it =\
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hm. Do you use KWin or another window manager (such as Compiz)?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
WinterMadness
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:Hm. Do you use KWin or another window manager (such as Compiz)?

I am using compiz. I dont know that any effect is causing this (it has been doing this since ive installed Mandriva the other day, and I just recently started using compiz)

I should point out that im only really using compiz very lightly, and kWin is still being used. Im only using emerald, which im pretty sure is part of compiz
Hans
Administrator
OS
Emerald is a window decorator for Compiz Fusion, and as far as I know you can't use it with KWin.

Try to disable the screen edge action in CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM)

WinterMadness
Registered Member
OS
I've figured out out - you haveto disable the window picker in compiz. I just switched it from the top right corner to the top left.

KDE by default had it at top left (which isnt annoying at all) but when i started to use compiz I guess it may have actually been the cause of it all, maybe I installed it sooner than I thought.

Thanks
Hans
Administrator
OS
Changed to the new way of marking topics as solved.