This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Oxygen animations config tab missing?

Tags: oxygen, animation oxygen, animation oxygen, animation
(comma "," separated)
vishalrao
Registered Member
OS
I'm running KDE 4.4 Beta 2 on Kubuntu 10.04 alpha with NVidia proprietary drivers and desktop effects enabled but I don't see the "animations" tab that is mentioned/shown in the screenshot at this link: http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-44-dev-whats-new/

Any idea why? Is it not yet in released code or is Kubuntu packaging missing this item?

I am most interested in checking out progress bar smoothness :)

"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."
google01103
Manager
not in openSuse 11.2 kde 4.4beta2 either so may not be released yet

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Animations were moved to the General tab, with more limited options.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
vishalrao
Registered Member
OS
Awww shucks, does that mean no cool progress bar animations? Is it because soft/hard feature freeze is way past? :(

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The features in question are still present, just the individual toggles in the user interface have been removed.

KDE Sysadmin
vishalrao
Registered Member
OS
OK I dont see the smooth progress bar so far, hoping it is ready for 4.4 final release! :D

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The smooth movement of the progress bar may have been removed, since it did cause some issues for some applications, since the movement was a change in behaviour.

KDE Sysadmin
vishalrao
Registered Member
OS
The progress bar thing was bugging me... so....

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kwin&m=126493325916099

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrvCprVHqag

Go KDE!!!! xD

hpereira
Registered Member
For kde 4.5, there is a new application called oxygen-settings (only available from krunner or command-line), that allows one to alter every single option (most of them hidden from the systemsettings dialogs, not to scare normal users), on the oxygen decoration and widget style.

Notably, one can (again) tweak every animation of the style (including the progressbar).

As for the progress bar animation, it is still there (and was in 4.4), but works only "one-way", namely with increasing values of the progress, and not the other way (decreasing value), because of issues mentioned in previous post.

On a side note, another application "oxygen-demo" has also been added, that illustrates most of what oxygen can do (and helps triggering bug reports).
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Those options are now in the oxygen-settings application. It is not easily accessible from anywhere, you need to use the commandline (or krunner or the application launcher menu if you have the commandline plugin installed). There are a bunch of "hidden" oxygen options there, some of which are buggy so use them at your won risk.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965