This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

problem with dark colour scheme and plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ChemBro
Registered Member
OS
I have a problem with a dark colour scheme and plasma (here: plasma-netbook, KDE 4.4 Beta 2).

I'm using Arch Linux with KDEmod/Chakra and KDE 4.4 Beta 2 (but the problem exits in every KDE4-Version). Also I'm using the colour scheme "DarkDefault" (DarkDefault in kde-look.org).

In plasma-netbook
1.) The clock font is black. I can override this (thanks to an option). But I would like to understand, why it is not white.

2.) In "Search and launch" I cannot see my own writing. I tipped in "amarok", but the font is white (on white) and it should be black (on white). In the second picture you can see, that I really tipped in "amarok".

3.) The plasma-browser has the same problem (I tipped in "eee"). Picture 2 shows that "eee".

I want to understand, why the colour scheme doesn't fit in this example and how I can fix it (other than telling the author to fix it), or if this might be a plasma bug.

So... How can I fix it? Thanks in advance (if this is the right term).
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
All of the colour problems you have encountered are likely due to either hard coding of colours or incorrect usage of the colour scheme API. Please file a bug at bugs.kde.org, one for each affected component.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ChemBro
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, I will report the bugs.