This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Where are the Oxygen theme files and settings located?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cyberdude
Registered Member
OS
I'd like to create a new theme based on the oxygen theme (using the oxygen theme as a template for the new features of the theme like tabbed windows found in KDE4.4. RC2.)

Can anyone point me to where the actual theme files and config files are located. I did a search for oxygen but didn't really come up with what I was looking for.

I'm particularly interested in where things like the image files for the scrollbar arrows, minimise and maximise buttons, and other decorations are located.

KDE4.5.4 | openSUSE 11.2 | IBM Thinkpad x60s
KDE4.5.2 | openSUSE 11.3 | Acer Revo R3610
KDE4.4.4 | openSUSE 11.3 | IBM Thinkpad x60s
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
KDE and Qt have this written as actual code in C++ for maximum flexibility. As such, there are no "images" available.

You can change the colour scheme though.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cyberdude
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the reply. So if we want to make a theme and be able to use the window tabbing feature will this be possible or is that also hard coded?

KDE4.5.4 | openSUSE 11.2 | IBM Thinkpad x60s
KDE4.5.2 | openSUSE 11.3 | Acer Revo R3610
KDE4.4.4 | openSUSE 11.3 | IBM Thinkpad x60s
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately I do not know if the Aurorae window decoration ( which provides the SVG based window decorations ) supports Window tabbing.

Note that the Oxygen window decoration is written in C++ also.
It is up to each Window Decoration to decide if it wants to support Window Tabbing.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]