This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to disable "Lock Toolbar Positions" by default?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Evergreen
Registered Member
OS
Today I updated my Arch Linux installation and got KDE SC 4.4.0.

It appears that, in applications with toolbars (such as Konqueror and Akregator), the "Lock Toolbar Positions" menu item is checked by default when a program starts. (In KDE 4.3, and all previous versions that I remember, it was unchecked by default.) If I uncheck the box, then quit the program, then start it again, the box will be checked again. How can I configure it so that the toolbar positions will be unlocked by default?

(Note: the reason I prefer to have toolbar positions unlocked is because I have Konqueror configured to have the Main, Location, and HTML toolbars shown, and I have them positioned all in one row, in that order. Unfortunately, when using a KPart which doesn't have the HTML toolbar, e.g. Okular, performing some actions (such as maximizing the Konqueror window) will cause the HTML toolbar to reappear on a second row (below the other two toolbars) the next time that a KHTML tab is selected. It would be nice if this stopped happening.)
Hans
Administrator
OS
This seems like a bug to me - I can reproduce it in trunk as well. Could you please file a bug on bugs.kde.org (if it hasn't been filed before; I was unable to find a similar report, however) and post the link here?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Evergreen
Registered Member
OS