This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pushed button icon doesn't change with Oxygen theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
steveren
Registered Member
I'm an experienced programmer, but new to Linux GUI programming. I have written a small app in QT4 which works perfectly, but there's a visual funny which only occurs with the Oxygen theme. I have some latching buttons which should display a different icon when they're depressed or released, but the icon change isn't happening.

If I bring up my app and change the theme from the KDE system settings, the effect comes and goes on the fly! See the screen shot below. The left hand side is Oxygen, the right hand is Plastique.

Is this a known issue of Oxygen? Or QT4? Or something else? (KDE 4.3.5, Fedora 11 x86_64.)

Thanks for any advice.

Oxygen v Plastique - same app instance, just changed theme

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This certainly seems to be a bug. Please ensure you are using KDE 4.4 as the Oxygen style recently became maintained again, so the issue may have been fixed.

If it hasn't, please file a bug at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
steveren
Registered Member
Thanks for that. 4.4 isn't yet part of the Fedora distro, so I'll probably set up a test installation in a VM rather than risking a non-distro version upsetting something.
steveren
Registered Member
Yep, it's still there in 4.4.0. Will file a bug report.