This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Remove line from selected items

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde_user
Registered Member

Remove line from selected items

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:39 pm
Hi,
is there a way to remove the line under a selected item e.g. in dolphin:

KDE 4.4

thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
At this time it isn't, you may wish to file a feature request, however the line feature may simply be removed outright.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
kde_user
Registered Member

Re: Remove line from selected items

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 pm
Thanks, will add a feature request.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 pm
Please post a link here when you're done. :)

Just for your information (you might already know this), the line replaced the dashed square around file names in prior KDE SC versions. It is useful if you want to select multiple files using the keyboard, for example, so it's very unlikely that it'll be completely removed.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
kde_user
Registered Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:53 am
Oh, I didn't know that. Was just playing around with Ctrl+Space to select files in dolphine using the keyboard and arrow buttons. I think I'll just have to get used to it because it seems to be very useful for that. Thanks for the information!
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:31 pm
You know what? I actually found a way to disable it: System Settings -> Appearance -> (Style) -> Configure (Oxygen) -> Views -> uncheck "Draw focus indicator".

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts