This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[feature request] Panel friendly system Monitor, and.....

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ioky
Registered Member
Just some really little thing, but I would love KDE to have them around. I think KDE is really lacking a great Panel Friendly system Monitor, and app that allow me to change the step of my CPU(also Panel Friendly).

The other thing would be a Hide icon option in the menu. I really love the classic menu. but sometime, list is getting too long, ugly icon, and no icon at all for some of the app. In many way, I just want to hide them. Not delete them because I do sometime do use those app, and often can't really remember their name, so I can't really use Alt + F2. and I just want to make my menu nice and clean. Just a more flexible to customize my be loved menu.

and also, there is little white or black corner at the round edge of the window that square up the window. They only appear, when the special effect is not active. It is just because my intel chip Set GMA 3000 or that is the way it is doesn't matter graphic I use?

at last it seem a bit slow after all the restart/shutdown/logout button have pass. Like 20 to 30 sec.

I am running KDE 4.3.2, I am not sure, this is resolve on KDE 4.4 But I would love the feature I mention above.

Thanks for all the hard of work from the KDE team.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you click on the battery applet, it offers to allow you to select a PowerDevil profile to use, which can change your CPU power saving scheme. Note that in most cases, using a dynamic one is recommended.

I would recommend updating to KDE 4.3.5 or KDE 4.4 to check on the White / Black square on rounded window edges bug. Where did you see that?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ioky
Registered Member
those white corners are at all 4 corners of every windows. and the black corner are usefully at the logout/restart/shut down message box. Just imagine them as full in of those rounded corners into a square box. seem like transparent is not support or something.

And for the CPU things, I am actually looking for a CPU frequency monitor (I mean in my Desktop having a battery applet just for that doesn't seem reasonable, of course this is a work around.)and a panel friendly system monitor that render all the CPU load, RAM load, NetWork load, and Hard Drive load, at real time. (I think it would be great if there has like four little box to tell you what is going on in your computer. I can immediately see problem at the moment they occur like CPU load shut up for no reason or Network got disconnect. and the reason I like them in the panel is because they will be always there and I can see them at like all time. I know there is a lot fancy Desktop widget to exactly what I am asking for, but they are only useful, if my desktop is empty or I have leave a good amount of space in order to see them.)

Thank you for helping out, and I will try out KDE4.4 as soon as I can. Once these three little thing is available in KDE. It will such be my perfect Desktop.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Hmm... not sure how well that would scale to a panel.....

However, you might find Bubblemon to be of some use to you.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]