This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

which command to change digital clock timezone?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
minculpop
Registered Member
hi, i use linux on liveUSB version, now KDE Mint. Well, each time i start the sistem i launch my personal script to reload all my customizations: which line i have to add in my personal script to reload automagically Rome timezone on KDE panel clock?
thanks
roberto
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Which version of KDE are you using? How are you restoring your configuration files? Note that, especially with Plasma, files must be restored while Plasma isn't running, otherwise it will just blindly overwrite them.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
minculpop
Registered Member
well, this is the last version of Mint, with KDE 4.3.4.
Because i use a live version (not installed) on my USB pen (made by unetbootin) i need each time to reload my customizations. So, to restore those i use a script i made (to give an example i have this line in my script to set italian keyboard: setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout it). Now i still need to display automatically on panel clock Rome hour. Actually, each time i restart the sistem time is LOCAL -1 hour respect to Rome hour. So, now i manually have to modify the "digital clock settings" to display Rome hour. If there is a command-line i could add it in my script and i could have Rome time displayed automagically!!!
thanks again
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You will need to generate a $KDEHOME/share/config/kdeglobals file, and copy that back, before KDE is started.

KDE Sysadmin
minculpop
Registered Member
but, if i manually modify the timezone clock to rome and manually set "Clock default to" Rome i can see immediately rome hour. No command line meets these manual actions? Which command runs when i push OK in the "Digital clock settings" window and then i immediately see rome hour?

saluti
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Well, there is tzselect, but it does require user interaction...

Debian testing
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
There is no command to do that, however the settings are stored in plasma-desktop-appletsrc and plasma-desktoprc.

KDE Sysadmin