This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Where can I change the theme in 4.4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
everest
Registered Member
OS

Where can I change the theme in 4.4?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:23 pm
I suddenly can not find the place where you can change your desktop theme after updating to 4.4. I thought it was under the menu that comes up when you right click the desktop but I do not see it anywhere.

LinuxDNA.com Project Architect
KDE 4.4 | nVidia drivers in twinview | X-Fi sound card
Moblin Linux / FC 11 / Gentoo / Ubuntu
Hans
Administrator
OS
System Settings -> Appearance -> Style -> Workspace.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Guilo
Registered Member
OS
It is also available through systemsettings -> advanced -> desktop theme details. And it is fine tunable there. but I can never click Apply, the button is always disabled.
everest
Registered Member
OS
Thanks guys I found it :)

LinuxDNA.com Project Architect
KDE 4.4 | nVidia drivers in twinview | X-Fi sound card
Moblin Linux / FC 11 / Gentoo / Ubuntu
joeposts
Registered Member
EDIT: Sigh, I found it. I right clicked on desktop, selected "Folder View Settings." Theming and background options were there. :-S
---------------------
Original message:

I can't find it. It's not a desktop menu option, and I don't have a "Workspace" tab in the style menu of the appearance box. 'Desktop Theme Details' is in the advance tab, but I can't click 'apply.' Even if I monkey with some of the settings, and the 'apply' button activates, it doesn't apply anything once applied. Clear?

edit: I don't even seem to have a way to change the desktop background. :-/

I reinstalled after the recent linux headers update failed on my computer, and now I can't seem to do anything, lol. :-P