This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Gwenview and Digikam settings keep being reset

Tags: gwenview, digikam, settings gwenview, digikam, settings gwenview, digikam, settings
(comma "," separated)
SanskritFritz
Registered Member
OS
I set PgDown and PgUp in Gwenview for next and previous image. It works until i close Gwenview, and again I have to use space and backspace to navigate. Nevertheless the gwenviewui.rc file contains the following:

Code: Select all
<ActionProperties scheme="Default" >
  <Action shortcut="PgDown" name="go_next" />
  <Action shortcut="PgUp" name="go_previous" />
</ActionProperties>

Deleting the file
/usr/share/apps/gwenview/gwenviewui.rc
helps. This way the file
~/.kde4/share/apps/gwenview/gwenviewui.rc
will be in effect. This has to be done at every upgrade.

Also, same problem with digiKam. But with digiKam, i have no idea which file to delete.

Please help me, I'm sure there are some twists in my config, I just can't figure out what it is.
I'm using Archlinux with KDEMod 4.4.2
SanskritFritz
Registered Member
OS
I'm using KDE 4.4.3 now, but the problem is still there. Is anyone able to help me please?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Have you tried setting the shortcut in the application itself, or in System Settings > Keyboard & Mouse > Generic Keyboard Shortcuts?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
SanskritFritz
Registered Member
OS
I tried it in the application itself. Should I try it otherwise? When I get home, I'll try it.
SanskritFritz
Registered Member
OS
System Settings / Keyboard&Mouse / Standard Keyboard Shortcuts
doesnt contain the mentioned keys. So, the only way to change Gwenview's shortcuts is from the application itself.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Try removing all *ui.rc files from ~/.kde4/share/apps/gwenview then setting the shortcut in gwenview.

KDE Sysadmin
SanskritFritz
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Try removing all *ui.rc files from ~/.kde4/share/apps/gwenview then setting the shortcut in gwenview.

That worked with both DigiKam and Gwenview, thanks! Some legacy settings were the issue?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Yes, the files were likely older versions... they should have been automatically overwritten but for some reason weren't...

KDE Sysadmin
SanskritFritz
Registered Member
OS
If you mean, the program should overwrite them, if I again experience this problem, I'll file a bug report, ok?

Thank you again.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Correct, please do as it means the application developer forgot to bump the version number, or there is a bug in kdelibs.

KDE Sysadmin