This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Active screen follows mouse and dual monitors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kdeforumsuser2010
Registered Member
OS
I would like the application on the current monitor/screen to be active when the mouse scrolls over it.

I have two monitors, each monitor/screen displays a different activity with it's own panel, it's own widgets, including the Task Manager. The Task Manager has the following settings:

- "Only show tasks from the current desktop"
- "Only show tasks from the current screen"

This is really nice. I can see immediately what applications are open on each monitor/screen.

When I scroll the mouse from monitor/screen to monitor/screen, I want the application on that monitor/screen to be active without a click.

I thought "Active screen follows mouse" (Personal Settings -> Window Behavior -> Focus) might provide the functionality, but it doesn't appear to. I'm not exactly sure what this option does, but it sounded like what I needed.

Is this possible?

Thank you.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It possibly could be a bug that the setting you describe isn't activating. If you can, try updating to KDE SC 4.4.2

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Hans
Administrator
OS
System Settings -> Window Behavior -> Window Behavior -> Window Actions -> Under "Inactive Inner Window", change "Wheel" to "Activate and Scroll".

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
kdeforumsuser2010
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:change "Wheel" to "Activate and S

I was going for no action, but this is an okay solution. I need to scroll the wheel to activate the particular application.

I forgot to mention I'm using KDE 4.3.5 on OpenSUSE 11.2.

Thank you.
dpalacio
Registered Member
OS
"Active screen follows mouse" is only meaninful for new windows. It will open new windows in the screen with the mouse in it.

To switch screen focus, I use the "switch to next screen" global shortcut, which is incompatible with "Active screen follows mouse".

connect(post, SIGNAL(readSignature()), qapp, SLOT(quit()));