This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Application buttons changing position on taskbar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Registered Member
I am running KDE-4.3.5

On for example desktop #1, I have firefox. When I open a new window a button usually appears to the left of the currently open window. Occasionally the buttons on the taskbar change position. :?

This happens on all desktops with all programmes. I find this annoying when moving to and from different windows and when closing them. :((

In KDE-3.5 all new buttons appeared to the right of the previous button. I've had a look through Settings and here and google and found nothing about this. I hope someone can help me.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Right click in a empty space in the task manager (the widget that shows the running tasks) -> Task Manager Settings -> Sorting: Do Not Sort or Manually -> OK.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Registered Member
Hans wrote:Right click in a empty space in the task manager (the widget that shows the running tasks) -> Task Manager Settings -> Sorting: Do Not Sort or Manually -> OK.

Thanks for the reply Hans.

Did as you said and tried both settings and still a problem ...
eg. Open new instance of firefox - button appears on the far right :)
Go to another desktop and return - button is in the middle of
the group, or at the far left. Same thing even for the task manager
pop-up.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Ah. That's a bug that's been fixed.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Registered Member
Hans wrote:Ah. That's a bug that's been fixed.

Thanks for that. I'm lost. Emerge doesn't want to accept the .diff file.
I've tried to patch the file directly and no go.

Hopefully it will be fixed in stable 4.4.x. :( :(

Edit:

Well, I've searched some more and got it working ... but the .diff file was for an earlier version and won't work. I will keep hunting around live with it or use something else. :((