This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Alt+Tab Window switching only usable with dark color scheme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Khym Chanur
Registered Member
OS
After upgrading to KDE 4.3.5 (Mandriva One 2010.0), the Alt+Tab "selected window" is indicated by a thin white outline which barely shows up on my standard color scheme. The only way to make it usable is to switch to a dark color scheme, but I don't like the dark color schemes. Is there any way to make the outline dark/black, so that it will show up well with a light color scheme?
Hans
Administrator
OS
It depends on your Plasma theme. I remember that you could change it to not use a Plasma theme somewhere, but can't find it at the moment in 4.5.x :-/.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
You can also try changing the effect used for the window switching in System Settings -> Desktop -> Desktop Effects. Assuming you are running with desktop effects enabled, there are several different window switch effects to chose from.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Khym Chanur
Registered Member
OS
airdrik wrote:You can also try changing the effect used for the window switching in System Settings -> Desktop -> Desktop Effects. Assuming you are running with desktop effects enabled, there are several different window switch effects to chose from.
Thanks, but I greatly prefer the default interface/effect.