This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Active application selection in the task bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
masinick
Registered Member
OS
I tend to use the task bar and system tray quite a bit on my desktop systems and I do not generally use desktop icons very often. I like to have four distinct visual desktops, so one thing I always want on my task bar is the display switcher, and the other thing I want is the ability to select any active application directly from the task bar. I typically have four to six applications running at a time.

This past week I upgraded my system from KDE SC 4.3.4 to 4.4.3 and in the process I modified some of my kde resource files to pick up a few features and clean out a few more, but during that process I unwittingly also removed one of the KDE features that I have always enjoyed and used - the ability to click on an item on the task bar that represents each active application. At the same time, I also seem to have done something to inhibit the ability to add more application widgets to my task bar, even when it is unlocked.

Suggestions on where I can look to fix these things would be appreciated. I don't mind being directed to read some particular documentation, though if anyone is also willing to suggest something specific that I can change I would appreciate that as well. I appreciate any suggestions, and I don't mind doing more research and reading, but so far in my reading I am not finding the answers I am seeking, so guidance on what to read and where to find it would also be appreciated.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Can you please provide a screenshot of your panel if you still have the System Tray, Task Manager and Pager applets in your panel?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]