This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bespin gives GTK apps ugly title bars

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
drsjlazar
Registered Member
OS

Bespin gives GTK apps ugly title bars

Sun May 09, 2010 12:43 am
A simple question... How can I get the same title bar for GTK apps as I get with Qt/KDE apps? Here are some screenshots to illustrate:

With Dolphin as the active window
http://imgur.com/VYUrU.png
With Miro as the active window
http://imgur.com/Of2fs.png

Thanks.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does this happen with other Gtk applications such as Firefox? Miro may be painting its own Window Decoration...

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
drsjlazar
Registered Member
OS
It's the same with all GTK apps (that I have installed)... I have Firefox, Miro, Thunar, Pidgin, even The Widget Factory... All have these ugly title bars and borders.

It wasn't always like this... I configured it once to have the same title bars but I change themes often I can't figure out how to set it back... I've been at it for quite a while now. So many config settings in Bespin :?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you switch to another window decoration such as Oxygen, does this issue correct itself?

KDE Sysadmin
drsjlazar
Registered Member
OS
Yes, it's just with Bespin.

P.S. I am running Arch 64bit with plain KDE (no KDEmod).
drsjlazar
Registered Member
OS
Fixed it... I guess all the Bespin themes I was trying messed the configs. Strangely (or rather unintuitively), the setting in the screenshot affects GTK apps and not Qt/KDE apps. :/ It is not identical to Dolphin or Amarok... but same as other Qt apps like Choqok... Must be the theme doing something funky. At least it doesn't look totally out of place.

P.S. Where does Bespin store the current configs? I want to delete all current configs and themes and start afresh.

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Bespin probably stores its configuration under ~/.config, ~/.local or ~/.kde4. Grepping for "bespin" should reveal where they are stored.

KDE Sysadmin