This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Add icons to the Kickoff menu?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
14tjoyce
Registered Member
OS
Is there a way I can add custom icons to the kickoff menu? I use SeaMonkey as my browser and the only way i know of getting it is to download the archive from the website, extracting it, and then running or making a desktop icon that points to the script to run it. I want to put an icon that will launch SeaMonkey in the kickoff menu. I use sidux and KDE 4.4.3. Thanks!

Last edited by 14tjoyce on Sun May 23, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Kubuntu 9.10/FreeDOS
Compaq Deskpro EN - Sidux 2009.4
3x Compaq Deskpro EP - Win 3.1/95/98/Chicago
Hans
Administrator
OS
Right click on the Kickoff icon -> Menu Editor.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
14tjoyce
Registered Member
OS

Re: Add icons to the Kickoff menu?

Sun May 23, 2010 1:36 pm
Wow thanks, I thought the "New Item" thing was to add a new category lol. Thanks!

Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Kubuntu 9.10/FreeDOS
Compaq Deskpro EN - Sidux 2009.4
3x Compaq Deskpro EP - Win 3.1/95/98/Chicago
Hans
Administrator
OS
You're welcome :). Could you please mark the topic as solved by clicking on Image under the post with the answer (we really need to write this somewhere to let new users know..).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Vistaus
Registered Member
OS
@Hans: A little offtopic, but with PHPBB you can add a category with news and stuff that will display above every forum. So you can add what to do when your problem is solved there. See this for 2 examples:

http://kmess.org/board/viewforum.php?f=2 (the category Announcements)
http://forum.kennisnet.nl/viewforum.php?f=128 (the category Mededelingen)