This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

keyboard shortcuts in kde

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
abdolah
Registered Member
OS

keyboard shortcuts in kde

Thu May 27, 2010 1:00 pm
hello i want to add minimizing all windows to my key shortcuts how i can do this?
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: keyboard shortcuts in kde

Thu May 27, 2010 9:57 pm
System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Global Keyboard Shortcuts -> KDE component: KWin -> Show Desktop (in the list).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
abdolah
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 28, 2010 5:19 pm
i can not see any option named show desktop it is show desktop grid that do not minimize all the windows. also i want to add a shortcut for home folder or other things that maybe not in the keyboard shortcuts of global key shortcuts then how i can do it?
Hans
Administrator
OS

Fri May 28, 2010 5:57 pm
You mean to open your home directory etc.?

If you want more advanced control, you can use System Settings -> Input Actions. For basic things such as launching applications, you can do it in KDE Menu Editor. Right click on the application launcher icon ("start menu") in the panel -> Menu Editor, or press Alt+F2, type 'kmenuedit' and hit Enter.

In the editor, select an application in the list to the left (e.g. System -> Dolphin (File Manager)). Go to the "Advanced" tab and assign a shortcut key. Save.

I don't know why, but for some these shortcuts are disabled by default. If it doesn't work, go to System Settings -> Input Actions and enable (check the checkbox) the item KMenuEdit.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
abdolah
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm
i opened the input actions and all things are enabled (present actions and kmenuedit),also you said that i can add key shortcut for each app in the kmenuedit ,it is true but i want a thing like gnome key shortcuts that i also can create a key shortcuts even for my files special properties of an app,minimizing all windows and ....in the global key shortcuts i see an option named import scheme does it is relative to my problem?