This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How do I get pager normal again?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Olwe
Registered Member
OS

How do I get pager normal again?

Thu May 27, 2010 3:07 pm
I believe it's called the pager, that is, the part of your "master" panel (mine's at the bottom) where tiny boxes representing your open apps are shown, so you can click on them to bring them topside again. Pager, right? Anyway, I suddenly lost mine and in my frustration accidentally removed the master panel, too. So I rebuilt my master panel, but now I have my virtual desktop icons stretching over all available room and no pager. This all started happening when I tried to add a second (external to my laptop) monitor (probs with bug 230872, "dual monitor settings amnesia"). Also, I've had apps open ... and not be on the desktop, but "behind" somewhere. I've got a Window List icon that sees them, but sometimes they're not on the desktop. In general, this new stuff is a pain along with the gain.
mcNisse
Registered Member
Add a spacer widget or a taskbar widget. They fill out the space that pager is using.
Hans
Administrator
OS
I guess you're looking for the "task manager", try to add it to your panel.

If it doesn't work, it would be helpful if you could take a screenshot and post it here.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
The pager is used for selecting virtual desktops, as Hans said you are looking for the task manager.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965