This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switch Themes in KDE 4.4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piedro
Registered Member
OS

Switch Themes in KDE 4.4?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:55 am
Hello!

I know how to customize the look I want to have in KDE by using all the different settings within the KDE system-settings panel.

I'm a bit handicapped with my eyes, so I have to use different settings here and then, like switching to I high contrast, big fonts theme when I'm a bit tired, but switch to a pleasant, clean look when working for many hours and after all activating the an eyecandy look & feel when using the system recreationally or showing some work to friends and coworkers.

In gnome it's easy to customize a theme, then sabe the customization with a custom name and then switch it by changing one setting. In KDE I don't find a way to easily do that.

Is there any application out there that allows me to switch the settings of my Desktop layout, design and setup with presets I created - kind of a theme manager type?

thx for reading,
any help appreciated,
piedro
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Switch Themes in KDE 4.4?  Topic is solved

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am
As far as I am aware, no Theme manager exists, at least not within the software collection itself. I would recommend checking at kde-apps.org however.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ICU_RN
Registered Member
OS

Re: Switch Themes in KDE 4.4?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 am
Sorry if this question is redundant, but does KDE 4.4 have a KDM Theme that can be downloaded; I really like the desktop themes like Ethais, EOS, Blue Curl and Emotion! I checked KDE-Look but did not find these themes. I love KDE!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Switch Themes in KDE 4.4?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:43 am
It appears that Ethais and Air KDM themes are shipped as part of KDE SC in 4.5.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]