This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

On toolbar, "change icon" doesn't work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sonay
Registered Member
OS
I am trying to attach an icon to "show hidden files" button on Dolphin, however "change icon" is deactivated, for all buttons. That screenshot should explain better:

thanks for any help
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately I can't reproduce... If you switch your Style to "Oxygen" does it work?

Otherwise, check the permissions of ~/.kde4/share/apps/dolphin/*

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sonay
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for your answer, unfortunately none of your suggestions worked. I used to have this problem before and somehow the problem was solved after a few tries. Maybe today is just not my lucky day :P
sonay
Registered Member
OS
I just tried the same thing with akregator, ktorrent & juk, problem remains. hence I don't think this is application specific. So any guesses about what may cause that? By the way, if anyone can suggest a way to manually adjust show_hidden_file icon for dolphin, I'll be done. Not the most important bug or whatever...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Very unusual. In any case, it involves editing the appropriate *ui.rc file under ~/.kde4/
You need to add the following text to the toolbar item entry
Code: Select all
icon="name-of-icon"

You may wish to try removing those *ui.rc files too, which may fix this, as they may be older versions, which don't support this.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sonay
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Very unusual. In any case, it involves editing the appropriate *ui.rc file under ~/.kde4/
You need to add the following text to the toolbar item entry
Code: Select all
icon="name-of-icon"

You may wish to try removing those *ui.rc files too, which may fix this, as they may be older versions, which don't support this.

Thank you very much, that did work :)
Ahmad Samir
Registered Member
OS
Make sure you have /usr/bin/kdialog, I don't know which package includes this file in Arch.
sonay
Registered Member
OS
medo3891 wrote:Make sure you have /usr/bin/kdialog, I don't know which package includes this file in Arch.

You are right, that was the problem. Thanks :)