This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Some post-installation bugs with resolution and bottom panel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kaytrance
Registered Member
OS
Hello guys!

3 days ago I have installed Kubuntu 10.04, and I must say that I am impressed a lot how beautiful it is. Everuthyng is cool, except couple of things, and I am asking for your help to solve them out.

1. I had a resolution problem, that was in not remembering the resolution I selected, and reverting back to 800x600 just after I reboot. So I have found the solution here and it works just fine after I enter my login details. But in the login screen I get this:

]Image

As you can see I have a login box somewhere in the top left corner, as well as the background picture, as if they were tiled because of new higher resolution set. So, is there a way to fix it, so that login box would be in the center of the screen, and background would be placed correctly?

2. Just after I log in my bottom panel looks like this:

On this picture you can see that the panel have some weird black background in the left half of it, and normal one in the right half. And if I change it's size just a little bit, so that it cover not the whole available width, the background of the panel returns to normal.

I would be highly appreciated for any help. Thank you!
dave2889
Registered Member
OS
I had the half black panel too. Happened in openSUSE 11.3 as well as Kubuntu so must be a KDE problem. It fixed itself after I installed the video drivers. To do that, open the main menu, click the Applications tab and navigate to the System category, where you'll see Hardware Drivers. Click that and it should automatically detect what driver it needs, if any.
Ahmad Samir
Registered Member
OS
For the partially black panel issue, have a look at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88710