This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Digital clock format

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Beckfield
Registered Member

Digital clock format

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:59 pm
I've found many discussions asking how to change from 12- to 24-hour format, but I haven't found anything about the following:

My digital clock shows the date in the format "Sun, 8 Aug 2010."

I would like to see "Sun, Aug 8, 2010," but I can find no way to accomplish this. The Time & Dates tab in Regional settings is set to display as I wish, but the Digital Clock doesn't seem to follow this.

Is it hidden somewhere else?
google01103
Manager

Re: Digital clock format

Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:54 pm
there's an "adjustable clock" plasmoid you could try http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ad ... tent=92825

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:05 am
Have you logged out and logged back in? Clock settings are changed at the next login. If that doesn't work, please file a bug report. The clock should follow your locale settings.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Beckfield
Registered Member

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:23 am
TheBlackCat wrote:Have you logged out and logged back in? Clock settings are changed at the next login. If that doesn't work, please file a bug report. The clock should follow your locale settings.

Yes, it has been this way since I updated to Kubuntu 10.04, months ago. This is just one of many reasons I am not impressed with KDE 4.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:13 am
Did you file a bug report?

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Beckfield
Registered Member

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:28 pm
TheBlackCat wrote:Did you file a bug report?

Yes, I just did, now that it appears I didn't miss a setting.