This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Do not autostart nm-applet (KDE4)

Tags: autostart autostart autostart
(comma "," separated)
msoeken
Mentor
OS

Do not autostart nm-applet (KDE4)

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 am
Hi,

I am using kubuntu 8.10 and I installed the GNOME desktop environment. Just because I can. I am using KDE 4.1 as my desktop environment.

But since the installation of GNOME nm-applet is autostarting in KDE. It is not in the Autostart folder nor in the Autostart configuration in System Settings.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Cheers, m.

[size=x-small]code | [url=cia.vc/stats/author/msoeken]cia.vc[/url] | [url=kde.org/support]donating KDE[/url] | [url=tinyurl.com/cto4ns]wishlist[/url][/size]
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
Try looking under ~/.config/autostart, that's a shared folder between gnome and kde, i guess.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
msoeken
Mentor
OS
No, there is no entry for nm-applet. Seems that Autostart configuration from System Settings is putting its entries there.

[size=x-small]code | [url=cia.vc/stats/author/msoeken]cia.vc[/url] | [url=kde.org/support]donating KDE[/url] | [url=tinyurl.com/cto4ns]wishlist[/url][/size]
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
See the "Possibly Related Threads" above. Might be related, though there was no answer.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
msoeken
Mentor
OS
Thanks. The solution in the mentioned thread works for me.

To summarize:

Open /etc/xdg/autostart/nm-applet.desktop and add Option
NotShowIn=KDE

Cheers, m.