This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE 3 Kicker in KDE 4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Raevyn
Registered Member
OS

KDE 3 Kicker in KDE 4?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:36 pm
Hai!

I was curious if it is possible to run KDE 3 kicker in KDE 4, or at least a theme that is similar to it? I really enjoyed the way the clock looked better in 3 and the task bar is why.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Re: KDE 3 Kicker in KDE 4?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:08 pm
It isn't possible currently, but there is no reason in principle why a panel couldn't be identical to the kicker one, someone would just need to create a new panel with those features.

But the clock and task manager are separate, they are individual widgets. But once again, a clock and task manager that behave identical to their KDE 3 counterparts are possible if someone wants to do them.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
fast_rizwaan
Registered Member
OS

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 am
Raevyn wrote:Hai!

I was curious if it is possible to run KDE 3 kicker in KDE 4, or at least a theme that is similar to it? I really enjoyed the way the clock looked better in 3 and the task bar is why.

The "LCD' look was 'dumped' by kde4. Perhaps that was good, because it was using 'bitmaps' to render the numbers. now that we can use any 'truetype font' to render the font numbers.

For your wish, I just made a 'contribution' see this:
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=132902

Hope you like it!
fast_rizwaan
Registered Member
OS

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:22 am
try oxidize plasma theme with 'digitalk' font for a kde3 kicker look for kde4:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ox ... ent=132912