This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switch between day/night desktop modes. Activities? or Theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vborja
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I'd like to be able to easily change from a light-desktop (light color scheme, style, windeco) to a dark-desktop - when reading stuff or hacking at night... In kde3 IIRC there was a "Theme" feature that allowed to save the current colors, style, windeco, icons, etc under a name, so switching between them was not that difficult.. however I've been unable to find a similar feature on kde 4.5.

I'm just wondering if there is something I'm missing that could help me with changing between day/night desktops.

Don't know if this could be a use case for Plasma Activities.. I mean ... I'd have a "day" activity, a "night" activity, and switch using the new 4.5 activity switcher.

Greetings!
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
You might look at the feature requests for this feature in Brainstorm.
For right now, the closest thing I can think of is using the slideshow to change the wallpaper every 12 hours, or you can write a script to change the wallpaper, theme, etc. at the times that you want it to change.

(edited after reply from TheBlackCat)

Last edited by airdrik on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Please don't post this under brainstorm. This is one of the most-duplicated brainstorm ideas.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965