This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change system tray theme/background

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zymosius
Registered Member

change system tray theme/background

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm
I know there's a way of doing this, but I can't figure it out. How do you go about changing the system tray background on the panel. I looked under Personnel setting >> advanced >> Desktop Theme Details. Nope! So, does anyone know where a config file or such might be and how to go about this?

TTFN
John
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You can only change the entire Panel background at this time. The Panel background, at least in 4.5 and later, is the same as the Panel background.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
zymosius
Registered Member
CAN'T!! No, I'm not going to except that as an answer. I'll get back with you when I figure it out.

TTFN
John
Hans
Administrator
OS
You can try to modify the desktop theme. Not completely sure if this is the right file, but try
Code: Select all
~/.kde4/share/apps/desktoptheme/<installed theme you want to modify>/widgets/systemtray.svgz

(or ~/.kde/...).

For example Glassified has a different background color for the system tray if you need an example.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
zymosius
Registered Member
Hans, Pretty close. I had to go under /usr/kde[so on]. Not my home folder. Then change the file in the ./aya/widgets folder. Then go into configure >> advanced >> desktop theme, change the file I already had listed for the panel, back to aya, then back to my custom panel image,(I'm sure that would work for any desktop theme, not just Aya). I think the hoop jumping is because I haven't created an actual folder for my theme. I hope that helps anyone else trying to do this.

Thanks a lot for the help. Thanks, bunches!

TTFN
John