This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Menus dissapear quickly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
the_mouse
Registered Member
OS

KDE Menus dissapear quickly

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 pm
Hey guys, ever since KDE 4.x when I use right click > move to option in Dolphin to select destination, there's no tolerance of time when the mouse hovers off a menu entry before it disappears or another one is selected.
For example if the mouse accidently gets off a menu entry and hovers another but is quickly turned back.

It's been bugging me for a while now and I'm wondering if there's an option somewhere which will allow me to tweak that.

Thank you.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KDE Menus dissapear quickly

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:35 am
Can you reproduce under a new user?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
the_mouse
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 pm
Yes, it is reproduceable as a new user. It's kinda' strange, since KDE 3 enviroment had some ms delay for a menu to appear from the time it's been hovered.

Example: I open Okular and select the File menu. I move my mouse down the menu and as the cursor passes through the "Open Recent" submenu, it gets instantly opened, even if not the cursor is on it for some time (as I think it should behave, or as it did in KDE 3) and sometimes that makes navigating through menus hard.
(the above example applies not only for appearing, but also disappearing of menus)

Ps: sorry for the late response, but I've been busy and hadn't the time to test it under a new user.

Cheers!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:43 pm
This is likely under the control of Oxygen, and I am not sure if it would be considered a bug or not. As an accessibility option, you may wish to file a feature request at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
the_mouse
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 am
Well thank you for your advice, I'll make sure to file a feature request.

All the best,
the_mouse ;)