This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a Light, Glossy *and* transparent Plasma theme?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kubuntiac
Registered Member
Anyone know a nice, shiny, transparent plasma-workspace theme? I'm thinking something like Windows Vista's (just the panel, as I find Vista's windeco ugly and distracting). I tried looking through the "Get New Themes" dialogue, but the screenshots are so small you can't really make anything out.

What I'm after is something light (ie not black / drak grey), shiny/glossy up top, but very transparent elsewhere (to show off my newfound blur-with-FOSS-ATI-drivers kwin effect <3 :)).

Any sugggestions gratefully accepted!
ozjd
Registered Member
OS
Have you seen "Bare Naked" from KDE Look? It is completely transparent. You can't see the panels or widgets only the icons etc. You need compositing for it to work so it will be ideal for your new drivers.
Kubuntiac
Registered Member
Thanks.

I actually came across a few themes that were pretty much all transparent. Trouble is without any border they just look fuzzy and undefined. Thats why I'm looking for glossy *and* transparent.

Given that I haven't managed to find anything that fits the bill yet, I've actually started creating a theme of my own. Would be nice to find out if someone has already done the work, though!