This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Vertical panel glitches.

Tags: vertical panel vertical panel vertical panel
(comma "," separated)
caan_
Registered Member

Vertical panel glitches.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:53 pm
Hello,

I've clean installed Kubuntu 10.10 a couple of days ago, and for the last days have been trying to set things the way I liked them in the previous release. Nouveau drivers resulted in artifacts mostly over icons, so I installed proprietary drivers for my nvidia card. Animations became more fluent and additional desktop effects became available.

I don't know if I would even notice the problems if it weren't for KDE 4.4 where these things definitely worked like a charm. I have a small vertical panel on the side of the screen with auto-hide setting serving as a quicklaunch for my mostly used applications. When I move the cursor towards it and it starts to slide, the panel blinks for a very short time (around 100ms). It never happened in the previous KDE version, and what's interesting it also doesn't happen now but only when there is any window (for example web browser) open in the background (so that the panel reveals over the opened window). It happens every time when the panel rolls over a clear desktop. I've recorded the process and watching it frame by frame noticed that the panel's background isn't themed (Air) at the beginning, what can be seen in the following screenshot:

I've tried switching blur effect off, because as I understand it is a common problem currently that the panel loses blur while sliding, but it didn't fix the glitch.

Best regards,
--
Mike
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Vertical panel glitches.  Topic is solved

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 pm
This is definitely a bug, and is also visible on my trunk system.
Please file a bug at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
caan_
Registered Member

Re: Vertical panel glitches.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 pm
I've posted a bug report at the following link:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=254642

Thanks,
--
Mike