This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Strange behavior of the desktop (ghost image)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manchette
Registered Member
OS
Hello ;)

i'm using kde with opensuse 11.3
(Qt : 4.7.0
Plate-forme de développement de KDE : 4.5.2 (KDE 4.5.2)
)

Recently i noticed a never seen before bug (interesting thing ;) ) :
on my desktop the set up is usually the "directory view" type but i closed this directory so that it's not anymore on the desktop.
The problem is that i now can see it's "ghost" each time the botton pane appears. As i usually auto-hide this pane i only see the ghost image when the pane appears but if i use the "always see" option for the bottom pane i'll have the bothering ghost all the time...

I also can see this funny "ghost" from firefox or kmail : if i go to the bottom pane with the mouse my ghost directory view appears ...

Is this new and unexpected or well know ?
How can i solve this ?

Thanks ;)

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : Leap 42.1... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...
Hans
Administrator
OS
Can you please post a screenshot?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
manchette
Registered Member
OS
I should have yesterday as i see today that the upgrades i did yesterday evening seems to have solved this problem i had since 5 days.
I'll post a picture it it comes back.
Thanks ;)

manchette
Registered Member
OS
My mistake : the desktop was ok this morning but then went wrong as described above during the day, i'll try to show it to you asap. Desktop is ok right now ...

manchette
Registered Member
OS
i can't give you a picture : ksnapshot changes the screen and makes it difficult to show you the problem :(

Hans
Administrator
OS
Doesn't it work with the delay option?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
manchette
Registered Member
OS
Good idea ;)

Here's a thumb showing a part a the bug :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hans
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately I don't know what it is, but you can try the suggestion given here.

manchette
Registered Member
OS
I'll try this, thanks ;)

manchette
Registered Member
OS
Ok, i did erase the mentioned files but i still have the same strange behavior on the desktop :(

Hans
Administrator
OS
Did you quit plasma-desktop before trying? I wrote a comment regarding it in the topic I liked to (after you'd posted the previous post) and it seemed to work for one person.

manchette
Registered Member
OS
No, i did not.
I therefore tried to : when i use # kquitapp plasma-desktop from desktop it quits but restarting plasma-desktop starts another desktop above mine ; i guess i shall not restart another desktop (or was it not closed properly ? )

I went to init 3 and erased all cache and tmp directories from /root/.kde4 and /home/user/.kde4 , which did not help.
I then started again init 5 and from desktop and stopped plasma-desktop as mentioned (# kquitapp plasma-desktop), then did a rm -rf to similar directories as mentioned above (all cache and tmp directories from /root/.kde4 and /home/user/.kde4).
It still does not help.