This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kscreenlocker does not stop on remote desktop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
adispi
Registered Member
OS
i have tried several vnc servers solutions and NX, however, every time i connect to the remote desktop, if i stop moving my mouse for 2 seconds the screen saver starts anew and since my screen saver is slide show, it is killing my bandwidth and it is not possible to work.
killall kscreenlocker or kill -9 <id> just create a new process with a new id.

how can i stop it via command line or something?
i need the screen saver the most for locking the screen and i would prefer not to disable it completely anyhow.

thanks.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
What time do you have the screen saver to activate on? It is likely being respawned as the time limit has expired after you killed it. It certainly shouldn't spawn after 2 seconds of no activity.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
adispi
Registered Member
OS
the screen saver is set to 10 minutes and the require password is set to 60 seconds.
this behavior is happening on 3 pcs. it is consistence across all my installations.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This is probably a bug in KDE, due to the inability to detect your session via ConsoleKit, causing a infinite idle time to be assumed. Please file a bug at bugs.kde.org. As a workaround, I suggest disabling use of screensavers, and using the "Log Off / Lock" applet to manually lock the system before leaving it unattended.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
adispi
Registered Member
OS