This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to associate an application with an Activity

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
I've just started using Activities, the concept seems promising, but I don't seem to be able to permanently associate an application with an activity.

I have created one activity called 'Desktop' and another called 'Finance'.

I then start KMyMoney, right-click the title bar and associate it with the 'Finance' activity. Now if I switch to the 'Desktop' activity the KMyMoney window is not visible - fantastic, just what I wanted.

However the next time I start KDE and run KMyMoney it has forgotten its association with the 'Finance' activity and is available to all activities.

Based on this small experiment it seems that associations between applications and activities only last as long as the current session.

Surely that can't be right?

Can someone tell me if there a configuration setting I need to alter or some way of saving these associations?

Thanks

Nick

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
For now, that's a limitation in activities. It is scheduled to be fixed in 4.6 IIRC. Which should also include launching programs automatically upon starting a specific activity. So, if you haven't used the finance activity yet in a session - the minute you do Kmymoney is supposed to start.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
Great news, thanks for the update.

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.