This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Since crash of plasma netbook, no login via kdm

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
unthahorsten
Registered Member
OS
Since a crash of plasma netbook, when I try to login I get an empty desktop, no widget no workspace… I suppose that the crash has screwed up the configuration of plasma netbook but removing .kde does not fix the problem. In the xsession log I see messages reporting corrupted data (DATA_ERROR: Input data is corrupted) but I don’t know what data has been corrupted. I see also "disk full" errors but none of the partitions are full. I would like to know how to fix my kde/plasma config so I can log again via kdm. You will find below an excerpt of .xsession-errors. By the way, I would like to find explanations about the login process via kdm, kde, syscoca.
Many thanks for your help.

Pierre
Asus EEE 901
Kubuntu 10.04 LTS (Plasma Netbook)

Code: Select all
Xsession: X session started for pierre at Mon Nov 29 23:18:42 CET 2010
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_US.
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_klauncher.so
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kded4.so
qUncompress: Z_DATA_ERROR: Input data is corrupted
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.so
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(1278)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kbuildsycoca4(1278)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kded(1276): Communication problem with  "kded" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

kded(1277): "Error launching /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4. Either KLauncher is not running anymore, or it failed to start the application."

kded(1277)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kded(1277)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kcminit_startup.so
klauncher(1275)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
klauncher(1275)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
qUncompress: Z_DATA_ERROR: Input data is corrupted
Waiting for already running kbuildsycoca4 to finish.
kcminit(1309)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kcminit(1309)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kbuildsycoca4: ERROR writing database '/var/tmp/kdecache-pierre/ksycoca4'!
kbuildsycoca4: Disk full?
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(1313)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kbuildsycoca4(1313)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::checkVersion: Found version 44 , expecting version 162 or higher.
kded(1277): "KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling kdeinit_exec_wait:
Connection was disconnected before a reply was received
"

Last edited by unthahorsten on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
unthahorsten
Registered Member
OS
I had to clean up the KDE cache and KDE temp directory (after stopping KDM) and that’s all
Code: Select all
sudo service kdm stop
rm /var/tmp/kdecache-<username>
rm /tmp/kde-<username>
sudo service kdm start