This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to apply KDE 4.5 sys tray icons on 4.4.3

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kapz
Registered Member
Hi,

Am using KDE 4.4.3. I liked the system tray icons used in KDE 4.5, how can I apply those icons on my current system?

I couldn't find any icon named audio.svgz in system(by locate command),
where the icons stored in KDE 4.4 or how are they named?

Also from where can I download the new icons --> I tried the link provided by bcooksley in Riksia's post regarding icons but after downloading them through browser the files won't open in inkscape, it says invalid file!

Many Thanks.

ONLY KDE. Nothing else will do! It just..wont!
Hans
Administrator
OS
The svgz files are compressed and you can extract them with e.g. Ark. (The reason Inkscape can't open the files seems to be a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/595549.)

As far as I know the System Tray widget prior to 4.5 doesn't support themed icons, so there is no straightforward way to change the system tray icons. One way could be to replace the application icons, but
1. I'm not sure if it works and
2. it would change the icon of the application in other places, such as in the application launcher.

Why not just upgrade to 4.5.x?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
kapz
Registered Member
I tried changing the application icons, but that doesn't work :-\

Why not just upgrade to 4.5.x?

It's upto Pat u see! Am waiting for slackware 13.2 ;D

ONLY KDE. Nothing else will do! It just..wont!