This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Desktop Menu Bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Raevyn
Registered Member
OS

Desktop Menu Bar

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 am
Haia!

So I am really liking KDE 4 though there are a few things I liked in 3.5 better.. but maybe some people here can help fix that :)

I was wondering if there is a way to get the desktop menu bar back in 4. And if there is a way to reduce the size of the system tray icons so I move them to the top bar, once I find how to turn that back on.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Desktop Menu Bar

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:53 am
Are you referring to a Mac OS style menu bar? If so, you need to look into Kubuntu's changes to Qt and the Plasma Applet they provide. This is a Kubuntu specific change at this time, and is not available in upstream KDE or other distributions.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Raevyn
Registered Member
OS

Re: Desktop Menu Bar

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:10 pm
Hm.. okay i will see if I can find any information for it there. I just downloaded their Live CD, oddly enough, last night to.

Just as a side note, I really like KDE 4.. it provides much its looks without using up so much memory that windows does.. even without Aero on. I would like to see that macos style menu bar that was in 3, back as an option though because in 3 that came in handy sometimes. But I will see what Kubuntu is doing :)