This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is it possible to disable this sound?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xKISAMEx
Registered Member
OS
Everytime I open/close a tab in my browser or use similar buttons in my file manager theres a weird sound that's driving me nuts. Any way to turn it off by itself?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Haven't seen this before. What Web Browser and File Manager do you use?

If it is a KDE application (Konqueror / Dolphin) you may be able to find a notification under Settings > Configure Notifications in each application which will allow you to disable it.

Alternately, this could be an accessibility option, so check in System Settings > Accessibility.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
xKISAMEx
Registered Member
OS
Chrome and Nautilus. I've looked through all the settings for sound effects and I can't seem to find it. ><
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Neither are KDE applications. Nautilus is a Gnome application, you would need to look at whatever tool gnome uses for configuration. I don't know what Chrome uses, but it isn't the KDE configuration.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
xKISAMEx
Registered Member
OS
TheBlackCat wrote:Neither are KDE applications. Nautilus is a Gnome application, you would need to look at whatever tool gnome uses for configuration. I don't know what Chrome uses, but it isn't the KDE configuration.

Ah, to clear it up a little better.

Neither made the sound prior to switching to KDE. They're not the only thing that makes the sound, either, but I can live with the others. It's the fact that I'm constantly using my file manager and browser and hearing the sound far too often and it's honestly driving me crazy.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does this occur under a new user? It certainly seems like an accessibility option is on.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]