This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What happened to window grouping?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
glupie
Registered Member
OS

What happened to window grouping?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm
After recent upgrades (which included xorg-server 1.9.2, but not much else of obvious significance), kde (4.4.5) no longer groups windows. In fact, the option to allow grouping or not does not even appear on the context (right click) menu.

I do still have System Preferences / Appearance / Windows / Enable window grouping checked, and I don't have any other ideas about why grouping has completely disappeared.
Hans
Administrator
OS
What's your window decoration theme?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
glupie
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:What's your window decoration theme?

I am not sure exactly what you mean.

In System Settings / Appearance / Style, I have "Widget style" set to Oxygen.

In System Settings / Appearance / Workspace, I have "Oxygen" selected.
google01103
Manager
if you login as a different user does the grouping work?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Hans
Administrator
OS
glupie wrote:
Hans wrote:What's your window decoration theme?

I am not sure exactly what you mean.

In System Settings / Appearance / Style, I have "Widget style" set to Oxygen.

In System Settings / Appearance / Workspace, I have "Oxygen" selected.

System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Window Decorations (or Appearance -> Windows).

Only some window decorations support tabbing, such as Oxygen (the default theme), Tabstrip and QtCurve.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
glupie
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:if you login as a different user does the grouping work?

No, grouping does not work for any user on any upgraded machine. I still have two machines that have not been upgraded, and grouping works fine on them.
glupie
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Window Decorations (or Appearance -> Windows).

Only some window decorations support tabbing, such as Oxygen (the default theme), Tabstrip and QtCurve.

OK. Well (as mentioned) I have Oxygen, so it should work as before.
glupie
Registered Member
OS
This is getting stranger and stranger.

When I start mplayer (from konsole), the windows are suddenly grouped, and the context menu has all of the items about grouping.

As soon as mplayer exits, the windows ungroup, and the menu items are gone again.