This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to increase dialog box button height eg. OK CANCEL APPLY

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sling-shot
Registered Member
OS
I am on PCLinuxOS KDE 4.5.4 using font size 9. This makes all the buttons vertically thin and they appear like a strip. My netbook touchpad becomes hypersensitive under Linux and I am finding it difficult to focus on this narrow strip to click.
Is there any way to customise KDE to fix a minimum height for dialog box buttons, pull down menus etc.?
-SS.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately I don't think so. Possible workarounds:
- Try another application style that has bigger buttons.
- Enable icons on buttons. This will make buttons fit the icon (so more than 16 px in height) I think, but won't affect dropdown menus etc.
- Get used to keyboard shortcuts ;). If a button has an underlined letter - and most do - you can click Alt + letter to "click" on it. This works for other elements as well.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Alternately try altering the sensitivity of your touchpad in System Settings > Input Devices > Mouse.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sling-shot
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I will have to live with it or dump it.

Could not understand how to set up those mouse settings. Primarily because I could not understand what is what. After some adjustments just gave up and restored defaults. [There my main problem is even if I jult tilt the finger a degree it registers as movement leading to the jitteriness]

-SS.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
In the mouse control panel, change to the "Advanced" tab, then lower the pointer acceleration.

KDE Sysadmin
sling-shot
Registered Member
OS
I have installed synaptiks and hence got the touchpad sensitivity under control.

But the original problem remains unsolved.

Thanks for the suggestions.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The only way I am aware of to change the height of dialog boxes is to change Qt styles, as they are responsible for dictating the style.

KDE Sysadmin