This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

slideshow screensaver and vertical pictures

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bricerebsamen
Registered Member
I am using plasma's slideshow wallpaper and the slideshow screensaver to display my pictures. It's great. Except that for those pictures that were taken vertically, they don't get rotated. However, in gwenview or digikam (Kipi based) they are. Not in Kolourpaint.

Is it a bug or a desired feature?
If it's a bug, I'd like to fill a bug report. What are the exact packages? kscreensaver and kdeplasma-base-bin?
If it's a desired feature, I'd like to suggest that the developpers add an checkbox option somewhere to let the user decide whether the pics should be autorotated or not.

I'm using KDE 4.4 right now, and this has been going on for ages (at least since the dawn of KDE4, can't remember if there was the same problem in KDE3)

Cheers
Brice
pcjunky
Registered Member
This is because although your pictures are vertical some programs know how to read the meta information your camera puts in the image when you turn your camera to portrait oreintation. Other software doesn't.

I'm having another problem. I want to use a saver that shows slides but I can't see where to configures what direcxtory to get the files from.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
In the Systemsettings -> Display & Monitor -> Screen Locker -> Screen Saver, select the Slide Show in "Banners & Pictures"

Then click on Setup, and it will give you the option to select a folder.

Always assuming you use KDE 4.11.x, sadly you didn't tell your distribution and KDE SC release version

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...