This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"change user" back into the "leaving..." context?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Timothy_Truckle
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I'm running the Kubuntu 10.04 standard KDE 4.4.5.

in earlier versions of KDE when I opend the "leaving" actions via KDE-Desk context menu I had the option to change the user there.

Now I can reach it only via K-menu->Laving->Change User.

How do I get the "Change User" option back in the menu I reach via KDE-Desk context menu?
google01103
Manager
might be you switched menu styles? right click on menu button and select "switch to classic menu style"

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Timothy_Truckle
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:might be you switched menu styles?

This did not help... :o(

bye
TT
google01103
Manager
right click classic menu button -> application .... settings -> options -> reduce menu depth
did that help?
same option is available for the new style menu button -> application .... settings -> reduce menu depth

Timothy_Truckle
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:right click classic menu button -> application .... settings -> options -> reduce menu depth
did that help?

no.
google01103 wrote:same option is available for the new style menu button -> application .... settings -> reduce menu depth
This way I got the "Change user" Option in the "K-Menu". This helps.

But I wanted it back in the context menu of the K desk backgroud (right click on a free area->"Leave..."

bye
TT
google01103
Manager
Timothy_Truckle wrote:But I wanted it back in the context menu of the K desk backgroud (right click on a free area->"Leave..."
bye
TT

But that is a different question - don't think you can, but you can add a plasmoid to the desktop for user switching called "fastusersswitch"
http://flavio.castelli.name/fast-user-s ... provements, also if installed it can be call within krunner as can the leave options (logout, hibernate, etc)