This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't find how to change the theme for plasmoid

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ofnuts
Registered Member
OS
Most of my desktop uses the Air theme, but to make it more visible I once changed the analog clock to use Oxygen. But since my last reboot, the clock is back to Air theme. So:

- can anyone help me get through this senior moment and refresh me on how I changed the clock theme? I must have overlooked something obvious.

- this clock theme change isn't the first time I see the desktop theme forget the settings. The bottom panel sometime gets dark (changes to Oxygen?) for the duration of a session. Is this a known problem?

Running KDE 4.4.5 on Kubuntu 10.04 with all updates applied.

Thx
Hans
Administrator
OS
You can change the theme in System Settings, Desktop Theme Details. I think it's under the Advanced tab in 4.4.x. Also make sure your desktop theme is set to (Customized).

The panel issue could be related to composite (desktop effects), if you suspend composite it will become opaque. The shortcut for suspending/resuming composite is Shift+Alt+F12.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Ofnuts
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:You can change the theme in System Settings, Desktop Theme Details. I think it's under the Advanced tab in 4.4.x. Also make sure your desktop theme is set to (Customized).

The panel issue could be related to composite (desktop effects), if you suspend composite it will become opaque. The shortcut for suspending/resuming composite is Shift+Alt+F12.

Thanks. Found it... and it was set to "Oxygen", so somewhere Plasma overlooked it. Changing it back and forth between Oxygen->Air->Oxygne put in back.

And while I was there I found a translucent background set to Oxygen, that may explain the other problem.