This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Customizing middle & right mouse button actions, KDE 4.3.x

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
spacer
Registered Member
OS
I tried tagging onto an existing topic with this, but no got response, so I'll try starting a new topic...

I'm using RHEL 6 and KDE 4.3.x, and I want to associate the equivalent of the KDE 3.x "Desktop Menu" with the middle mouse button and the "Application Menu" (containing "Most Used Applications", "All Applications", and "Actions" sections) with the right mouse button.

From other posts, it seems there is no way to this in the GUI for KDE 4.3, and unfortunately we can only use this KDE version since that's what RHEL 6 supports.

Is there a config file I can edit to create this association?

Thank you!
Hans
Administrator
OS
If I remember correctly, this feature was not added until 4.4. So no, editing a config file won't help.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
spacer
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:If I remember correctly, this feature was not added until 4.4. So no, editing a config file won't help.

Ok, I thought I noticed (I may be mistaken) different mouse button/action bindings for different themes, so I thought there must be some file that controls that, that could be modified.

If there really is no way, that is unfortunate.

Cheers