This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Marble Desktop + Folder view + Interactivity?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Zarhan
Registered Member
OS
Hey,

If I want to use desktop globe as background, how can I customize it if I'm also using folder view?

The dragging + zooming mouse actions are not working. If I switch to the default desktop setting (non-folder view) I can adjust the map ok. How can I use folder view + interactive map simulatenously?
Hans
Administrator
OS
It doesn't seem to be possible since Folder View "steals" the mouse actions. For example, how should Plasma know what you mean by dragging - do you want to make a selection in Folder View, or drag the globe? It needs to choose one, and I think it makes sense that Folder View is prioritized over the wallpaper.

My suggestion is to use a Folder View widget instead. That way, you can have icons on your desktop and still be able to use an interactive wallpaper.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Zarhan
Registered Member
OS
I would be ok with being able to configure it once to the map view that I like in Desktop view and then switch to folder view afterwards...but looks like the marble loses it's settings if switching.