This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE 4.6.1 System Setting oddity

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SantaFe
Registered Member
OS

KDE 4.6.1 System Setting oddity

Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 pm
Recently upgraded my KDE 4.5.1 to KDE 4.6.1 and noticed something weird. It used to be when I was in the Color section, if I picked on a new color scheme while still using the current one, the preview display would change to show how the new color scheme would look like. Now it stays the same even after I click on apply. In fact I have to click on a second scheme then click on the one I just picked to get it to look normal.

Example:
I'm using CSL-Red. It looks normal.

I clicked on CSLBlue & it still showed what CSL-Red looks like in the preview display. Clicked on Apply & color scheme changed everywhere, but not in preview.

If I click on CSL-Red then on CSLBlue & click on apply, then preview window changes.

Is anyone else seeing this, or did the upgrade mess something up? It's really just an annoyance more than a major problem, as it's just here it does this, all the other options in System Settings work just fine.

Thanks for reading, and now back to our regularly scheduled posting! :D
Hans
Administrator
OS
Seems to be a bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=263497

I can reproduce it every time here, 4.6.1 as well.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
SantaFe
Registered Member
OS

Re: KDE 4.6.1 System Setting oddity

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 pm
Hans wrote:Seems to be a bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=263497

I can reproduce it every time here, 4.6.1 as well.
Hehehehe.... I seem to have the ability to find bugs that others have already found. ;) Thanks for the info! :D First Xfce, now KDE. Good thing I don't have Ubuntu 10.10 installed on a different computer. ;)