This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I LOVE Oxygen-GTK but...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sir_Brizz
Registered Member
OS

I LOVE Oxygen-GTK but...

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:17 pm
Guys the Oxygen GTK style is awesome. It makes GTK apps almost all look like they are KDE native.

However, I noticed one issue that is driving me nuts. I use Eclipse with PyDev for development and everything works perfectly fine except for the PyDev Package Explorer that has a white background with white text when using oxygen-gtk. Every other GTK+ style works fine with this pane (white text on black background) but oxygen-gtk messes it up.

Any idea on how I can solve this or if it is an actual bug in oxygen-gtk? I know Eclipse isn't the most workable GTK application, but with all the kde-look.org ones I tried working fine, surely it is some specific strange thing in oxygen-gtk...
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: I LOVE Oxygen-GTK but...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:32 am
I suggest contacting the Oxygen maintainer, by filing a bug report at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
einar
Administrator
OS

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm
IIRC Eclipse plays notoriously bad with some GTK+ styles, so it may be just that.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
hpereira
Registered Member

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:02 pm
Sir_Brizz
Please file a bug at https://bugs.kde.org
(product: oxygen; component: gtk-engine)
with screenshot of the issue.
It is likely that eclipse pass a custom foreground color to the rendering, that we (oxygen-gtk) simply ignore. or smthing like that.

Screenshot and instructions on how to get there would allow us to reproduce and then fixed.
(reproducible bugs are half-fixed usually)

Thx !