This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Desktop icon issues in KDE 4.6

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
raaj01
Registered Member
OS

Desktop icon issues in KDE 4.6

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:35 am
Hi
This is my first post in KDE forum :) . I have installed OpenSuse 11.4 with KDE 4.6 in my hp dv3 2110eg laptop. Everything is working fine except for few annoying glitches. My desktop has 'folder view' setting and some my personal files in the desktop have long names. When i try to rename these files in the Desktop, I am unable to see the full name.
Click here to view the snapshot of the problem.
Adjusting the number lines for the icon names Eg: 1,2,3, and so on by 'right click -> folder view settings -> Display' seems to work. However, in KDE 3.6 (which I was using till last week), one can set the number of lines for the icon names to 1 or 2 so that the long names don't clog the desktop screen. Yet when we click on the icon for renaming, the full name did appear, independent of the icon name line number settings. Have they changed this feature in KDE 4.X ? If yes, is there a way to tweak the KDE config files to have the KDE 3.6 desktop icon name behavior ?

I would also like to get rid of the '+' and '-'signs in my Desktop icons. I removed the '+' and '-' signs for folders in Dolphin settings but I am clueless when it comes to doing the same for Desktop icons.

I understand that KDE 4.X is different from 3.X version but i want to 'Experience Freedom' ;) by exploring the possibility to change my desktop behavior to suit my needs !!
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Desktop icon issues in KDE 4.6

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 pm
For removing the plus/minus icons on the Folder View, I suggest you file a bug report. You may wish to file a feature request regarding the size of the inline renaming capability as well, although I note that further rows are accessible by moving down the text, with the arrow keys.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
raaj01
Registered Member
OS

Re: Desktop icon issues in KDE 4.6

Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:42 pm
Thanks for your reply. I will file a bug report and a feature request . :)