This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Turning Pop-up Off in K3b

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Budgie2
Registered Member

Turning Pop-up Off in K3b

Sat May 07, 2011 10:55 pm
When using K3b to rip CDs to flac a pop-up appears whenever a new CD is loaded into the drive. The Pop-up gives information on the CD drive and also the hard drives.
Please could somebody tell me how to turn off this feature.
Budgie2
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Turning Pop-up Off in K3b

Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 am
Try k3b > Settings > Notifications. If it can be controlled, it will be available from here.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Budgie2
Registered Member

Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm
Hi and hello again.
I did look there first and there is no option for the offending notification which I can neither avoid or even shrink. I suspect it is part of KDE but cannot find the answer there either.

Once again this demonstrates to me a real failure of the critical review of all the eye candy and clever developments of KDE from within the organisation. How can anyone want a popup that occupies 15% of screen real estate and tells them what they already know, ie that they have just loaded a disk in the drive. All this does is delay the real business being done.

Due to latest developments of KDE which have abandoned user control of display I am still using openSUSE 11.2.

I would much prefer the effort on KDE going into getting the basics right rather than adding bells and whistles which may look great but do little to help those who use systems for work rather than being an end in themselves.

Rant over and thanks for the kind suggestion.
Best wishes,
Budgie2
google01103
Manager

Re: Turning Pop-up Off in K3b  Topic is solved

Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 pm
are you talking 'bout the device notifier plasmoid in the system tray? if so just remove it

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Budgie2
Registered Member

Mon May 09, 2011 7:44 pm
That did the trick. Many thanks. Deleted it for now. Will see if I can alter properties when I have time.

Many thanks again.
Budgie2