This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Blue hover effect on icons, kicker icon and taskbar items

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Plague_CZ
Registered Member
OS
After updating from KDE 4.4 to KDE 4.6 and configuring every single color possible for my plasma theme and even changing themes I cannot get rid of this effect:

When I hover or press and hold on desktop icons/kicker icon/taskbar items, they have a dark blue undercolor.

How can I get rid of that?

See this screenshot (of my main panel when holding left button pressed on a Psi+ taskbar item):
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The colours and other items which make up Plasma's appearance are sourced from the Plasma theme currently in use. Try checking the theme you are using.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Plague_CZ
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:The colours and other items which make up Plasma's appearance are sourced from the Plasma theme currently in use. Try checking the theme you are using.

As I stated in my OP, I tried all preinstalled and downloaded a few more.
All of them have this.
I also checked all svgz in such themes and there is no svgz containing a dark blue element.
I even took the colorscheme file and changed EVERY color to black. Nothing helped.
kubicle
Registered Member
Don't know if it's a Qt or a graphics card/driver issue, but I had that weird blue tint too.

I got rid of the "blue tinting" by switching QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM to "raster".
(This is more of a workaround than a fix, but could help in tracking down the problem).

You could test it out and see if it works for you, I did it with:
Code: Select all
echo "export QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM=raster" > ~/.kde/env/qt-graphicssystem.sh

and relogging into kde
(of course you may need to adjust that for gentoo, if $KDEHOME is not ~/.kde, for example)

Thinking Inside the Box
Plague_CZ
Registered Member
OS
kubicle wrote:I got rid of the "blue tinting" by switching QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM to "raster".

Thank you!

Yes this works.

Additionally this workaround works for my friend whose windows we totally sluggish (switching tabs, alt-tabbing, ...). after changing from native to raster everything is fast for him.

We both have nvidia cards, but I have only the blue tint problem.