This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Oxygen decoration custom gradients aren't applied to LibreOf

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alvanx
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I use "flat" gradients in window decorations (oxygen) for the following window classes:
Code: Select all
Thunderbird|libreoffice-writer|YaST2|Opera|pinentry-qt4|libreoffice-calc|libreoffice-impress

This works for every app (well Yast2 is a different matter), and it used to work for OpenOffice. Now with LibreOffice, the flat style is applied sometimes, but most times not. Sometimes, this is so arbitrary that of two open windows of "writer", one applies it and the other doesn't. This behavior would be understandable if the classification depended on the window title, but it is set to window class.

This is a minor glitch but it just annoys me, so I'd be thankful for help. :-)

I use KDE 4.6.3 (Qt 4.7.3) on openSUSE 11.4.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Have you checked with KWin's integrated tools to ensure that LibreOffice is setting the correct window classes? This certainly seems like it might not be...

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
alvanx
Registered Member
OS
Thank you for your reply!

I think you are referring to the button to determine the window class? I did this a few times. The window class title is correct as quoted above. That had also been my first guess.

Any more ideas? What would the source of this be, would it be an Oxygen or a LibreOffice problem?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Do you have it set to Apply Initially or Force? You might want to try Force...

KDE Sysadmin
alvanx
Registered Member
OS
Sorry - where can I check that in the settings? If it is somewhere in the Oxygen dialog, I didn't find it.

Thanks!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The apply initially or force settings are part of the KWin rule you setup to apply the gradient I believe... unless Oxygen itself has this setting too? If Oxygen itself has this setting as well - then it could be a bug in it.

KDE Sysadmin
alvanx
Registered Member
OS
I'm not sure we're on the same page (or else it is my personal slowness of mind...). The window gradient can only be set through the decoration (=Oxygen) specific settings. The KWin window specific rules can do many things, but one of the few options that I did not find unfortunately was to set a gradient for a window decoration. :-)
So the bug would be on the Oxygen decoration's end - or maybe in LibreOffice.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Ok, I would suggest filing a bug at bugs.kde.org, as even if LibreOffice changes it's window information, Oxygen should detect this and act appropriately.

KDE Sysadmin
alvanx
Registered Member
OS